Thursday, May 12, 2016

New Grill Adventures + Johnsonville Grillers Review!





Today was a great day for a cookout! It was warm, sunny and we have a brand new, used grill sitting on the patio just waiting for it's first use of the year! I've never cooked on a grill before and my fiance has never cooked beyond the microwave, so I knew this would be an adventure. I somehow convinced him that he should be the one to man the grill, but only because I was too scared of burning myself on the open flame. He agreed! WOO!

Onto the cooking! I had gotten a box of Cheddar and Bacon Johnsonville Grillers last week that we had yet to try. We tossed them on the grill with some Velveeta cheddar hot dogs! (Do you see the theme here?)

Directions: Toss em' on the grill for 12-14 minutes, with the lid down. Turn occasionally.

Sounds easy enough, right? I've made burgers on the stove hundreds of times, we can make them on the grill with no problem! Well...maybe a few problems.

After FIVE minutes, this is what my beauties looked like. Oh, those poor patties! But that one on the right looks pretty good, eh? So, we learned to flip them more, as well as more often!

Towards the last few minutes of grilling, we tossed the hamburger buns on the grill with a little butter to get em' nice and toasty! Then we started to put the burgers together! I went with the classic ketchup, mustard and onion while my fiance wen't with cheese (more cheese??) and BBQ sauce! Yum


Andddddd...the finished product! They didn't turn out that bad! Only one of them was overcooked (mine) and you couldn't even tell when eating it! No burnt taste or anything! Now, on to the review!

Taste: AMAZING! There was no need to put cheese on these burgers, they were bursting with a rich, cheesy flavor! While cooking, the patties smelled like crisp, delicious bacon and the taste carried on! It was almost like I was eating bacon, just without the chew or crunch. I was surprised that these little, frozen patties could hold so much flavor!

Ease of Cooking: I'm sure someone more experienced with the grill probably wouldn't have burnt them, but due to this being our first time I think we did pretty well. It was pretty easy making them. The directions were clear and they were done just a little over 14 minutes.

Would I Buy Them Again? YES! We will definitely be purchasing these in the future! I'm dying to try the Steakhouse Onion next!

No comments:

Post a Comment